Everybody can be a victim of cyberbullying, even without a reason. For victims, the situation is very difficult because their own integrity is wrongly attacked. In order to counter this, follow the procedure below.
- Save evidence by taking a screenshot of the hate comment. It should specify the date and time, platform and as much information as possible about the author of the comment. Insults, libel, threats and much more are criminal offences in Switzerland.
- You can block the author on most platforms and prevent the author from viewing and commenting on your shared content.
- Report the author on the platform.
- Get your friends mobilised. Your friends will help you both online and in real life when you need support.
- If necessary, report the hate comment to the police.